Thanksgiving week kicks off the busy travel season as the Rhode Island Airport Corporation (RIAC) prepares for increased passenger traffic at T.F. Green Airport. Busier than usual passenger levels are expected to start on Tuesday, November 24th and continue through Sunday, November 29th.
During this busy travel time, the airport has added some niceties to ease the stress. Lois Vaughan will perform live jazz music in the food court on Wednesday from 2:30p.m. to 4:30p.m. PVD Pups will be visiting the gate areas greeting passengers, and a Little Free Library location is available on the lower level of the airport for visitors who would like to borrow a book for their travels.
Passengers are reminded of the following:
- Travelers should allow extra time to navigate from the parking areas to ticketing through the security checkpoint.
- Park on-airport and receive low rates from $10 per day to $50 per week. For information and discount coupons, visit www.parkpvdairport.com.
- The InterLink, with its 20 daily (weekday) commuter trains between southern Rhode Island, the airport, Providence, Boston and points in between, is a convenient travel option. Visit www.mbta.com for a service schedule.
- TSA Precheck allows for expedited screening benefits for eligible participants, who use dedicated lanes and are permitted to leave on shoes, light outerwear and belts. They can also keep laptops and 3-1-1 compliant liquids in carry-on bags. Learn more at www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck.
- US Air and American Airlines have merged. Please look for American Airlines at the ticket counter and gate areas.
- For the bargain hunters out there, be on the lookout for a special Black Friday booking offer to Frankfurt Germany and connecting European destinations with our international carrier Condor at condor.com.
- Meeters and greeters can find the most up to date flight information at www.pvdairport.com. The Cell Phone Lot, adjacent to the airport at 2282 Post Road, is another option for those picking up travelers.
We thank you for using Green Airport for your travel needs and wish everyone a happy and safe holiday!
Conveniently located off Interstate 95 in Rhode Island, T.F. Green Airport offers a variety of domestic and international air service options. The airport also has a direct MBTA connection via the Providence-Stoughton line. Air carriers include Cape Air (seasonal service), Condor (seasonal international service), Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, TACV/Cabo Verde Airlines, United and American Airlines. The airport has received numerous accolades of note which include: Conde Nast named Green the 7th best airport in the country in 2014; Cheapflights ranked Green in the top 20 affordable airport in 2014 and top 30 in 2015; Travel and Leisure readers ranked Green a top airport, ranking 1st in accessible location and 2nd for smooth check-in process